Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fear grips world stock markets...

Investigative journalism?

I would be interested to hear what people think about the tone of this British BBC news report? To me it is bazaar because the tone is rather grim and monotonous, but at the same time it depicts all the juicy sensational headlines using advanced animated graphics.

How did we get to all this mess I ask myself? Could a crisis such as this one have been averted with more investigative journalism in the past? Most of the press in my opinion (including institutions like the BBC) are almost asleep (when it comes to investigative journalism) and only seem to report what goes on after the fact which to me is not responsible. The report here sounds like it was just another day and it looks as though most of the BBC budget has gone into the graphics. Just my opinion...



The best investigative news reporting I would recommend is http://www.democracynow.org


--

No comments: