Saturday, May 17, 2008

Quote of the 21st century

I just can't believe what I am reading these days, from the New York Times here is a quote of the 21st century: (Bush using alternative energy as a threat!)
The image “http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:-2FxhBm9i0AZGM:https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhJzzW3-RsX-m0qWePhy_CTOT0uYJORrcktW3E3oixFzM145p062QOezdLRuJFi1ZZ7dEzqA5U74fMmW3VhYXlF2TwfvtTKSWO-n-WlM2uOEbFbj2iuRkuE4nkcrS2Zu5d2AQF8lyljmms/s400/argue.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
“I said very plainly, I said, ‘You’ve got to be concerned about the effects of high oil prices on some of the biggest customers in the world,” Mr. Bush said. “And not only that, of course, high energy prices is going to cause countries like mine to accelerate our move toward alternative energy.”

I couldn't have made this stuff up in a fictional novel.

Here we now have Bush using alternative energy as a 'threat' towards the Saudis'.

From my last blog of April, where I said:
intuitiveblogger: "If we could hear Bush talk at least once about sustainability, this would be the first wave of a magic wand..."

Well I guess this last Bush quote is a magic wand although in this case it is looking more like a wand in the form of a double edged sward . Bush is now threatening to go alternative because the Saudis won't give more oil to bring down the prices. What next?

I think we have officially reached the age of peak oil.

Watch out for many changes over the next few months.....

intuitiveblogger

No comments: